Saturday, June 3, 2017

1/72 Scale Zombie Horde Project (Part I)

The trouble with zombies is that there is never just one. A solitary zombie is just lame, destined to be ignored by survivors as not worth the effort. I painted 5 Elheim rotters ages back and they've been wandering aimlessly about the workbench ever since. I suspect that the other inhabitants of my workbench simply thought them a nuisance. That it, until today.
With the arrival of a pack of Caesar and Dark Alliance zombies, the zombie apocalypse has begun!
The Zombie Horde assembles for review.
Once I had based one of each zombie from both boxes, I decided to try my hand at converting the rest. I mixed and matched heads, torsos, and limbs from both sets to make each zombie in the horde different.
At the moment, they are all in different stages of basing and painting, but that is the subject for a later post. Here are a few conversions from the Caesar Zombies Set
original in the center

original on the left

original on the left

original in the center

original in the center
In total, there are more than 100 zombies to paint. Let's see if I can stay on target.
As always, thanks for reading.